Wednesday, November 10, 2004

There is nothing like a Grateful Dead Show! Part one

Wooooo!
Weir to begin???
Linda phoned from the dinner, letting me know she had saved some seats for us upstairs and to remind me to bring $$$ because there was stuff to buy!
Kemmie came by and off we went to the fabulous Fillmore...
Parking was not a problem and neither was checking in..At the entrance fellows were handing out Uncle Sam buttons and Lammies complete with necklace thingies....At the top of the stairs was a beautiful little shrine lit up with candles- I didnt have time to give it a good looksy. Right there at the disply was Gwennie (you look great!) Reisha & Katrinka...After catching up with the Grateful Goddesses, we wandered into the auditorium where Dennis McNally was just introducing David Lemieux (he's so young and so cute!) and Jeffrey Norman (Normandy?) and thanking them for doing their part in bringing the film to dvd..On the stage was the one and only Donna Godchaux! She was sitting with a panel of people who had been involved with the pix...The only name I caught was Susan Crutcher...
A tall blonde guy was just stopping next to me- I took a look and saw it was Robin Sylvester and so tugged at his sleeve to say hello and of course, to demand a hug on behalf of a few special friends....Through the nite there were glimpses of the crew of Ratdog enjoying the show -Mike McGinn, Chris Charucki and one or two of the other usual suspects...Actually the night was FULL of familiar faces...not Band members (Aside from Donna)but all those other faces you know from Bay Area Dead related events...

............
I was standing in a bad spot for listening to the interviews, So, I bought myself some Diet Cola and told Kem I was heading on upstairs to find Linda & Tim....
Tim & Linda were easily found as always, exactly in the best spot you'd want if you were gonna be sitting..It's one of Linda's super powers-another is always finding great parking (except for that time at the Kaiser when her car got towed-but hey, who can win em all?)...Anyhow, Tim & Linda were positioned in the middle balcony (if you click on that Fillmore link- you can see the exact balcony-tween chandeliers- and indeed had saved 2 seats right there-exactly across from one of the movie screens...I looked down and it was kinda funny to see all the downstairs people hanging back- far away from the stage...if music were playing those same folks would be squeezing in at the rail....I decided I loved my balcony spot, I thanked Linda profusely for saving it and went back downstairs to find Kemmie...then back on up to get seated just as the cartoon began.
............................................................................................................