Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Hey Cool! A new Deadheader blog to enjoy....Found this one via Eurotraders!
http://jonathanlaughlin.com/df/
...................
Someone sent me a copy of "Get outta town: A tale of the Grateful Dead,the IRS and Coffee" " by Ted Ringer....Thanks!...I'll pass it along after I'm done with it....
A few years ago, I read "After Lucy" sort of qualifies as GD Fiction because some of the plot revolves around Deadheads...I didnt like how the Deadheads came off -(boo on stereotypes)in it, but my friend Arrow, really enjoyed that book..The hero, loses his wife and is left to raise small children...in an act of rebellion against his in laws, the hero buys an old van/bus/truck/camper kind of vehicle and does a road trip based on the addresses left behind by the former owners (Deadheads) of the auto. He ends up at some sort of hippie commune and deals with his loss there...