Sunday, May 22, 2005

Whoooooooooooooooosh!

What a night!

Had the privledge of catching Bobby & Wass at a private benefit before zooming over to the civic center to see Ratdog...
I'm still catching my breath!
The Bobby & Rob set was beautiful, the setting on what felt like a mountain top overlooking not just other mountain & hills, but also the bay and all the way to SF -the North Beach skyline was a stunning accompaniment...
As the nearly full moon rose on the still blue sky W/W opened with
Victim...
I almost had to pinch myself to be sure that I wasnt dreaming...
especially when the next song was THAT SONG I have been craving...Walking Blues...
It just got better and better..Masterpiece , Blackbird, El Paso brought cheers of approval from everyone followed by KC Moan & finally Friend of the Devil was played before I left to find my way to San Rafael...
Though my sister & her family & in laws live in Corte Madera & Mill Valley, I can only remember being driven around those parts- never drove myself but it wasnt as hard to figure out as I had feared...
I easily found the CC center - had missed out on Shana and the meet & greet but did get to my fantastic seat in time to hug some more usual & unusual suspects...
We are still pondering our great fortune in scoring front row Dead Bobby Center seats! I had been wondering how the front row/rail thing worked in that auditorium..Would folks be able to "rush the rail" or would security be tight? Ends up our seats were RIGHT on the rail - there was only a gap big enough to walk through, tween the stage & comfy upholstered bouncy seats. Sitting for most of the show (hurt my back falling off a chair on Friday) I was still able to lean on the stage - it was almost strange to not have someone pouncing on my side...or breathing down the back of my neck...lots of space...like Milton Keynes a bit...just a bit...
That's all I can write for the moment...
I had a glorious weekend...
((MK & Buds)) (((Wass))) (((Ratdog))) (((Bobby Weir)))
((((You, You, You)))