Monday, May 02, 2005

05/01/05 ~ Magic City Music Hall - Johnson City, NY

Doors: 6:00pm Show 8:00pm (17 thru 21 year olds welcome accompanied by guardian)

I: Jam > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Jam > Jack Straw* > Jam > Dark Star > Lazy River Road > Odessa, West L.A. Fadeaway > Scarlet Begonias
II: Me and My Uncle@4 > Corrina@, When I Paint My Masterpiece@ > Mississippi Half-Step > Samson and Delilah > Jam+ > Dear Prudence At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer > Dark Star > Foolish Heart
E: Brokedown Palace (*-w/ Jay rap; +-starting w/ just Jay and KB (percussion) then all but Bob and MK)
..............................................
...............................................

AND in regard to the Farm School Private party, Here's a post from Debess of Deadnet:

Debess - 07:38am May 2, 2005 PDT (#18122 of 18207)
black dirt live again!

tomorrow night's benefit for The Farm School

I have a very slight connection to this school. A friend of mine works there, and my son and his class spent a week there, twice.

when I was helping to arrange the field trip, my friend sent me brochures, and imagine my surprise to see the Board of Directors included John Perry Barlow and Bob Weir! She's not a Deadhead, and had no idea who they are, couldn't understand my excitement 8-)

The guy who runs it, Ben, is a childhood friend of Bobby's. Bobby has been helping them raise funds with these musical events for a few years now.

I'm not sure, but I think that tomorrow night is for "big" donators (i.e. no tickets for us riff-raff). I've donated in the past, but guess not big enough to get an invite!!

This has been an annual event for a number of years - if you can't get into this year's, maybe contact Ben and find out what you'd have to do to get an invite in the future??

It IS a good cause - the farm school is for children, and they have dorms there where classes of children come for a week and learn about farming, hands on. All good organic methods (of course!) They have summer camps, I think for underprivileged kids. They sell their organic foods to local people and in Boston.
.......................
.........................

I was just starting to get familiar with the new Chat Room at Ratdog.org yesterday, when the call came from the girlies...They had made it to Golden Gate Park, Muir Beach, Mt Tam, The Haight and were phoning from Chinatown.
One can NOT come to SF without spending an evening in North Beach..it should be a law...Scott, kids and I told the girls to meet us in an hour in front of
The Stinking Rose....
Our first choice would've been our beloved Tommaso's, but of course, It would be closed on Sunday....
The hour gave the girls just enough time to walk over (Chinatown butts right into North Beach) and dig into
City Lights Bookstore.
Dinner was more than filling...though I had hoped we would cross the street to Steps of Rome Caffe get espresso and watch the waiters flirt outrageously with all the women (it's what they're notorius for ) We were simply too full to sit. We waddled up a few streets before stopping at the old Italian bakery (Mara's) to purchase a box of Italian pastries & cannoli to go. As ever before the little place had bunches of people lining up.
Several years ago, we were out with another couple and bought up a huge array of stuff, as we were dividing and trying out all the yummies, Wavy Gravy (who happened to be striding down the street) came on over to our outdoor table(somewhere I have a photo of this) and ATE my ..my..well I don't know what it's called but it looked like a little chocolate mountain...

mmmmm-Mara's Italian pastries!
....................
More info on North Beach can be found HERE Now come visit!
.......................