Thursday, May 26, 2005

The quick version...

05/21/05 ~ Ratdog - Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium at Marin Center, CA.

A Benefit for Community Action Marin at the Marin Veterans Memorial Auditorium at Marin Center, with Shana Morrison and Caledonia.

Setlist: Jam > Fly Away > She Belongs to Me > Cassidy > Lazy River Road > Mississippi Half-Step > Big Railroad Blues > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Jam* > Dear Prudence > Cassidy > One More Saturday Night (*-w/out Bob)
..............................................................................................................
I know I'm a bad bad blogger- Not only did I forget to post my Phoenix review (It was a good show- loved the setlist and enjoyed hanging with so many ultimate Ratdog fans-some of the best energy!)..yeh, well I am also late on putting together my review of the San Rafael gig...and my review of MK & Buds doesnt seem very complete either...
Sorry I have to rush through this now- but let's see what I can post in the next few moments...Sorry if I already wrote some of this here...I'm too lazy to go back and look...
Bad-bad blogger!
......
I raced to San Rafael and in my total delirium, parked by the Meet & Greet "Green Room"...I was still clueless when the Green room door was locked up...and still confused to have walked 3/4 around the building without seeing or hearing another person...Somehow I managed to forget that I had missed Shana Morrison! Bummer! She's got a big voice for such a small woman! Anyhow and LOL at my wondering if I had the wrong building...Okay found the entrance and dashed inside to me front row center seat!
Within a few moments the guys all came out...I don't remember an opening jam but that I was happy and surprised to have a Fly Away! opener! And omigod, She Belongs to Me was next!!
I was sooooo happy!
But a little sad that the band was set up rather far back from the rail...
Looking around, everyone else looked smiley and into it too..
Cassidy & Lazy River Road up next...Very nice...Scott's been craving Mississippi/2 step and so up we went to try to dance..I was again sitting by Big Railroad Blues (woof! I love the train songs!).My back was pretty sore (from falling off the chair) and the stage was too low to lean on, I felt bad about having to sit down but then again, sitting in rockable chairs at the front was a rare and extrodinary experience..I felt very dowager duchess like..
I must say Terrapin mightve been my personal highlight for this gig (Though,Dear Pru was very pretty)..Partly because Sash has been talking about it and playing it A LOT and so this song seems to be the ONE that is turning her back on to the music Scott & I love..
And partly because it was so wonderfully performed (of course!)
Somewhere in there, Bobstar left the stage and the guys moved on to jam..at the beginning of the jam, Jay spoke into his mic something about Star Wars..which caused a ripple of cheers..Jam kept moving increasingly out there...and Bobby returned to the stage saying what I know some of us were thinking "Oh Please, stop it- youre scaring me!" He said it in a little teeny voice and those of us who caught it, got a nice laugh from it...
(((Bobby))) moved it along into that very pretty Dear Prudence...yum..back to Cassidy
and onto OMSN (Which had been playing on my car stereo as I pulled into San Rafael)
It was a fun OMSN....
Those guys did a great job and Bobby sounded perfect to me...
And I wished I couldve been up and dancing more...

.....