Saturday, March 06, 2004

Set One- 3/2/04
All lit up and flashing!!

Yay- guys assembled on stage....
pretty lil jam, notes and layers building up and up and sweeping into something familiar....okay here it is--
Inside youre burning!..........it's of course Feel like a Stranger...crispy and hot! Oh boy!
This is followed by the first Dylan song of the night: She Belongs to me- I get the opening "She's an artist" lip synced across the rail at me by scotto- this is one of the songs he likes to sing at me (so corny-I can't believe I'm blogging that)...it's true, he does give me drums(I collect them) and in fact does salute me when my Berthaday comes (12/31)...Thanks Bobby & Scotto for making this a fun one! Okay that was special...next up, is Ramblin Rose- in no time we are all in sway & dip mode...even in San Francisco on a Tuesday night-folks cheer at the"Just like New York City" line...Bobby slips in and out of a falsetto voice and Jeff gets to display his ragtime expertise on the keys...lotsa fun! Sounds like Loser is up next- well it's not Loser after all ...
What's going on here!? Could it be Senor? Another Dylan song? Yes- SF gets SENOR!! Muchas Garcias Roberto!! This aint no dream no more! Let me pick myself up from the floor! I am deliriously happy to get to hear this one- it has all the elements I like...maybe I was an outlaw cowboy- in another lifetime or maybe because I'm just a lil Senorita at heart- those songs get me everytime! ......
Okay time to get beyond swaying and nodding-definately bouncing time- Loose Lucy was on..Bobby coming on loud and clear! Loving it when the rest of the band adds the background vocals- rounnnd... rounnnnnnnd...rounnnd AND rounnd-yeahyeah! For a "feel good time" is what I kept hearing...
slowing back down-it's poisin peaches...goddess got my number, baby. Bury me standing..back to sway mode..Kenny put down his sax and added lots of fun lil squiggly stuff to the mix.
The next song starts light and soft ..the "Footloose" intro reveals its gonna be "Greatest Story Ever Told" Oh boy! dancing..
Next up- I'm very excited upon hearing familiar startup of West LA Fade Away...I've been hoping to catch this and finally I am! Jeff plays a hunk of keys in there. Its so fun..but already its that time when Bobby stops to tell us "wbbijalb"