Sunday, March 07, 2004

3/2/04 Set 2...
Set break had everyone hugging and chatting- I really enjoyed getting a chance to catch up with friends who don't post online...Made acquaintence with the woman I always see at shows- and then also have seen around my town- turned out she works for BGP and does live just down the hill from me.
Even the setbreak went by too quickly- lights went down for the second set...The fellows returned its gonna be acoustic...the intro jam has some riffs in it that bring my favorite Nicklecreek song(when you come back down-it's the song on my kids/dogs movie) to mind- before I can digest that though, the jam turns into Blackbird...its about as perfect a Blackbird as I can recall Bobdog doing...the vocals and the instrumentals=beautiful...I'm soaking in it right now...
Then Bobby strums us right into Bobby McGee, I'm so enjoying it too- it wasnt too long ago, I remember rallying for Bobby to bring it back- now it's here...a smattering of hoots and howls from the crowd as the instrumental part is perfectly played...Bobby's vocals on this tonight surpass all the Bobby McGees I heard him sing when we were kids in the 70's...loving the extra touches too "La dee dah lah-lah-lah-ha!"
Just when I'm thinking I'm in Heaven- Out comes THE WEIGHT! I can't remember if I've ever seen Dog do this? It's a strong rendition and the band is total sync...a pleasure to listen to-almost left my prized position as rail anchor to go dance with Graceful and Karina- who were DBC afew rows back in the area we call the Sweet Spot for sound... especially yum is when the whole band sings together and a bit in round and then echoing the "Putcher load" parts...


to be continued....