Saturday, March 06, 2004

Okay, before I even glimpse that Portland Or. setlist, I'm dropping off the first part of my Fillmore review- Here goes!

After a series of tangents- Graceful cameby and picked me up...We flew back over to Trinks house...Trinks lives in the beach town of Pacifica, her house on the hill has huge ocean and nature reserve views...Tuesday was an unusually sunny day on the coast and if we didnt have a line to get into, I wouldve been all for sitting in her yard and taking in the view...Her music room- filled with all sorts of interesting things including an enormous music collection was also cool to check out....
At exactly 4:19pm, the three of us saddled up Trink's car and waited the one minute to be leaving at exactly 4:20! Vrooom! Trink whirled through Pacifica to SF into the Fillmore district so quickly- via HWY 1, never even saw the excessive 19th avenue! The ladies let me out in front of the venue while they parked- Waiting for us in line was Karina and Easywind- I don't know if they had met each other via Deadnet or if this was just a lucky coincidence or what...Ahead of us in line was Vera -Ratdog.Org's Queen of Diamonds and of course, WDP Jay from Co. (Tattoo Allie's brother) was there too! Just seeing them plus all the other familiar faces in line heightened my excitement that much more! Noting members of the crew -Blonde A.J., Chris, HippieBill, etc running past the line gets my heart pounding- its a trip!
Not so long after getting into line Reisha, Gwennie, Binki, Mark & Martha, Sparkita & friend were all there with us. Soon Scotto showed up with a bag of mission district burritos & chips...no sooner gulped down and it was time to get out our tickets and go through security check...Funny how waiting in line goes by so fast (it's a delicious wait-knowing you and your friends are gonna be in heaven, soon) but how security check and ticket scanning seems to take forever...JUST LET ME IN ALREADY! Damn! lol!
Okay, everything's been scanned, stamped and thoroughly felt up- I'm rushing up the stairs, I'm galloping to the rail- The guy yells "NO RUNNING" AT who else but me- like he always does-because I always run (it's the only time I ever run) at the Fillmore..okay, I slow it down to a skip- I am at the rail...Only Sparkita is there...it takes a moment to note that my Deadnetter Goddess friends are all on the Mark side...Some woman I don't know asks me to set up a bar tab for her-seems she's already been drinking too-That's it-bad vibe- I'm off to see what space is available on Mark's side..The Goddesses had save ample space in all the rail sweet spots. I settled in at the end of the rail-always a great place to be..Scott found us and so the party continued...
The Waybacks opened - fun stuff- the guy I had exchanged e-mails with was the guitariest: Steve Coyne, he appeared to be the leader- funny chatter tween songs. Somewhere in the middle of the set he introduced the Bobstar, who then came out to do Cumberland with them- Bobby stumbled on the parts of the song he doesnt usually sing-still a good time and the Waybacks couldnt look happier to have him there..Wish I had a camera just for that...