Saturday, February 07, 2004

Funny how things turn out...
Original plan was to see who could be rounded up to help answer phones for kpfa...Then there was the possibility of fumbling up to the Avalon to catch MK and Molo opening up for The David Nelson band...none of it came together...but I am listening to PigPen doing the Good Lovin thing off of KPFA as I'm blogging- final hour of the marathon..I pledged online a few hours ago..I will be very excited when my pledge gift arrives (Hard to believe I had managed to put off getting a copy of "The Illustrated Trip"til now, eh?)
After fiddling around on my homepages , I tried to watch Lord of the rings with my family but it just wasnt working for me...So, I retired to my room and began the remote roulette...I don't usually watch Country Music Television, but they were talking about murders..I pushed my Info button and discovered the show entitled "Controversy: Murder They Wrote-2004" was "A look at country songs about murder, includes interviews with Joan Baez, BOB WEIR, etc" How lucky was that? Bobby was among many folks (Tanya Tucker, Willie Nelson, Porter Wagoner) interviewed. Bobby's comments were about "Folsom Prison Blues" and "Goodbye Earl" ...
This is the second time Ive stumbled on Bobby on CMT. The other show is "Elvis" which shows up semi regularly on CMT. I'm not sure what the difference is between country and Folk.. I like em both.