Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Hunh?

I love my video->DVD recorder...My latest mission is transferring Bobby & Jerry on A Joan Baez TV Special (Public Telly that is). I always smile at the "Cowboy version of Dark Star"....As I'm tapping away Ive got Jerry & Bobby in the background knock-knock-knockin on Heaven's Door...
Sweet!
...
I was lazy or perhaps one of the kids were sick or I was too disorganized to make babysitting/driving arrangements but I missed this when it played here in the Bay Area...Then again, if I am remembering correctly it only had a night or a week run then closed...I am sorry to have missed seeing it

but there's good news if you live in Ohio- Found this on the GD Hotline:
posted: 1/25/05
Cumberland Blues - The Musical - Reading in Akron, OH

There will be a free staged reading and full sing through of CUMBERLAND BLUES , which incorporates 20 songs by Jerry Garcia and Robert Hunter, Monday, February 7 at the Carousel Dinner Theatre in Akron, Ohio. A limited number of invitations are available
The event is By Special Invitation Only and In Compliance with Actor's Equity Association Rules for Viewing and Feedback Purposes Only, Not for Review. For Information contact Eric Pugh, at (330) 724-9855 or (800) 362-4100, Ext. 150 by January 31, 2005. First come first served.
...
A review of Cumberland Blues..
I see/hear that the fellow who authored Cumberland Blues is working on another lyrical play called Shakedown Street (really, I did!)...Guessing by the time that comes out, I wont have to deal with babysitters anymore...
............

If I put the wrong day down, I apologize- The Tsunami Benefit is happening FRIDAY NIGHT not Saturday...
And I'm looking forward to going!