Monday, December 20, 2004

is Winter solstice today?

I don't keep track but I'll tell ya the fog is in...
Busy-Busy-Busy!
A goal for me while I have this block of time is to clear out that one room full of boxes...The first box I opened was full of posters! Well, I just saw in the paper that a local store is having a sale on poster frames and so off I went!
I am now in the middle of framing what turns out to be something like 38? unframed posters...
The newest are from Rex- the event poster and the R.Crumb autographed one...Among the most precious to me are 2 signed for and given to me by John Lee Hooker. How I've gone so long without framing these is mystifying...
I never collected anything before so now I suppose when someone asks I can tell them I have a poster collection....all though it wasnt a concious thing- til now...
The poster I worked the hardest to find was this one

I first spied it in the lobby of the Hemp Hotel in Amsterdam as we checked in...The Hotelier said we could have it after the show had taken place...We ended up checking out of the Hemp Hotel after a few hours though as the room was too lived in for us...Hairs in the sink & shower (not ours) Saggy mattress & plain out it was just too funky for me-ymmv (we ended up at this other hotel...I did go back after the show to buy or make a donation or whatever it would take to win the poster but it was already gone from the Hemp Hotel by then...There had been some on the walls of the MelkWeg but They had been taken by someone else...I tried that street where all the record stores are located...but no luck- Couldnt even find a Ratdog CD in those places....Asked and looked all over and then finally- through the window of a restaurant I saw it! Located on a back wall among other flyers...I had a trusty bottle of Weir's Wok sauce with me and offered an exchange to the Restaurant manager...I waited til the couple dining at the table underneath the poster left , then climbed up on a chair to liberate it! There are some small staple marks on it- that's okay...Now that I'm a poster collector, I'm sorry I didnt go after that one in Cologne... There were no posters (or tee shirts or anything) to get a hold of in the UK in 2003...There were flyers- I have a few of them but really, they had Wasserman on them. when they oughtve had Robin ...The only UK memorabilia was stuff from the local brocheres and the goodies brought along and distributed by fans...Brian S. from The Well passed out actual tour dog tags (excellent!) and Kid had made some "Bilston or Bust" embroidered logo shirts which were made even more perfect when ironically some folks had car troubles on the way to Bilston...

Well, I'm only 1/2 of the way through this framing process(found even more posters in a closet which I will also need to frame (back to the store!) Once all is in frames- Gonna have to hang em all up!
OY!
.....
Web maddness!
More David Lemiuex

You collect tickets?-check this out

Now that was some art project!

More sixties
............