Thursday, December 16, 2004

From Arrow wrt John Perry Barlow
Also
ABC news
...............
YEEEGADS- I have a small mountain of curriculum reports to type out tonight and don't know when I can get into full on blogtales but I do have my photos up on my mac homepages
Great meeting you Joe- I'm borrowing your post:
Here's what Gans said about last night:

"I don't have the setlist yet, but Bob Cogswell was there so there will be a recording in circulation soon.

The show opened with four songs from Corinne, a singer-songwriter in the bluegrass vein. Then I did Pancho and Lefty-> Leave Me-> Terrapin-> River and Drown.

Then Bobby joined me. We did Dark Hollow (with Corinne helping on vocals), KC Moan, Desolation Row, Deep Elem Blues (with Henry Kaiser on electric guitar), Candyman (also with Henry), and Cassidy.

After the break, Eric Rawlins and Rik Elswit and I did Across the Great Divide (the Kate Wolf song, not the Band song), Jacqueline, Travelin' Man, Cherokee Rider, and Tear My Stillhouse Down.

Then it was Henry Kaiser, Pete Sears (accordion) and me for Season of the Witch and Jackaroe. Then the Rowan Brothers took the stage, with Pete Sears and a standup bass player named Josh. They did Heart of a Woman, and then I joined them for Baby's in Black, Stir It Up, Across the Universe, and Movie Groovy.

The Weight featured all the players except maybe Henry (Weir went home after the first set so he wasn't in any of the later clusterfucks), with Corinne on lead vocal. We closed with I Saw Her Standing There, Chris Rowan on lead vocal.

I know I'm missing something. The tapes will reveal.

It was a great night, I gotta say. Weir was a total champ and he sounded fine. "

Speaking-or something like that(?) of Gans