Saturday, January 31, 2004

Well, now it seems the eurotrader deal about Sept UK Bobdog is not a definate go. Management wouldnt confirm it ...But, still I'm hopeful...and it's still just January.
In the meanwhile, much to look forward to:
Dead to the World marathon (have I put up the url yet? It will be broadcasting online) on Feb 7th...If I can find a buddy to go with I hope to volunteer to answer pledge calls- I went with Gwen, Arrow, Evad and a few other Deadnetters to do that a few years ago. It was GREAT fun! Wavy Gravy was hanging out with us for a few minutes. Havent gotten it together to answer phones since, but have enjoyed listening- DG even answered my request that he dig up "Goodnight Irene" which I think was played NYE (my birthday) in 1982...
Then , on the 9th, there is the newest Dead at The Warfield ! I'm immensely grateful to Gwen for thinking of us. I'm hearing that only 1/4 of GDTSTOO orders were able to be filled. However, for the super serious ticket seeker there look to be a plethora of tickets available via EBay at double/triple prices...If a person feels lucky, a solution would be to be the first in line at the Warfield box office on the 9th. According to local lore and Legendary Rob, there is some funny little law (attributed to Bill Graham) that SF venues hold back selling a teeny percentage of tickets til the day of the show...I mightve passed on doing this or believing it but last year(Valentines Day Dead), the fellows in line with us did exactly that and ended up with prized floor tickets...
After the 9th, unless fate surpises us, we will have a few weeks and then the very very very long awaited set of Ratdog Fillmore shows! YAHOO!