Thursday, January 26, 2006

Here's a familiar Face.

..............
Here is what I was able to glean regarding
Bobby's Mac World experience with the Lennon Bus

A link to photos, I ROCK!

There's an awesome vid too!
To view the video, go click on the link for 1/11 over HERE!

Here's the blog entry that corelates to the above video and photos-

"Dragonfly Tatoo" http://media.jlsc.com/schedule/2006/ Wed, 18 Jan 2006 12:09:08 -0500 dragonfly-tatoo-featuring-bob-weir JLSC Apple Education students create original song and video with Bob Weir Today we had another living legend on board to work with a group of students and the staff.

San Francisco native Bob Weir of Grateful Dead and Ratdog fame, and a group of 6 college students came to create an original song and music video. Bob Weir was extremely interested in the whole John Lennon Bus approach to songwriting and inquisitive about Logic Pro 7. 
It was amazing for all of us to sit and work with Bob Weir but it was more incredible to hear him tell stories.  Hearing Bob talk about late night conversations in bars with Jerry Garcia and Sting talking about music and "why some people play drums" was a humbling and humorous experience.
After the song was written and recorded by it was time to move onto vocals. Eventually, after 30 minutes or so, Bob shouts out, "Bite marks on your Dragonfly tattoo." Next thing you know it's being sung and harmonized.  As we were recording it, one of the students asked Bob if he could sing a beach-boys kind of harmony behind the Chorus.  Bob says "of course" with this huge excitement then says "Last time that I sung like that I was recording with Bob Dylan.  He(Dylan) had Jerry Garcia and Myself sing like that on a track with him.
After the audio recording, it was time capture some more video footage.  Staff engineer Rob Healy took all the students outside and got them prepped for the music video.  Bob jumped right in to the silly antics, and we got some terrific footage.

  Next they all got back into the bus and began to edit video footage and mixing the audio. Dan Niemann was one of the students that day and he later wrote to us, "I just wanted to thank you all for letting me be part of the MacWorld event on the Lennon bus.  The entire day was a great experience from the moment I arrived…to when I was walking out the door with a CD and DVD in my pocket of the days work.  Not only did we get to basically hangout with Bob Weir all day, we also got to be surrounded by the industry's best gear and extremely knowledgeable staff aboard the bus. Both Steve and Rob are awesome along with Herm, Jeff and Andrew.  It was a great experience for me and I am incredibly thankful for being able to be a part of it." The pleasure was all ours, Steve Miller

....................
One week from tonight, we'll be flying to Florida!
I need a new suitcase and also, a swim suit in case I decide that I may need to go parasailing.
The cruise info binder has descriptions of activities to enlist in on Cococay. The only fun in the sun & surf item that sparks my interest is parasailing. Then again, I may take one look at the parasailing set up (or myself in a swim suit) and run back to the ship for some type of spa treatment instead. I expect the cost is around the same for either pasttime.


Can't get enough Grateful Dead?
I found this announcement on Musicbox.com-
On March 7, Rhino will reissue five studio outings from the Grateful Dead, each of which has been remastered and expanded with outtakes and/or live recordings. The albums slated for release are: Wake of the Flood, From the Mars Hotel, Blues for Allah, Terrapin Station, and Shakedown Street. All five of the reissues were previously reissued as part of the Beyond Description (1973-1989) box set.

Someone asked about the JC photo posted yesterday.
I'm not leaning on JC, I was actually standing right behind him and was peering over his shoulder.
It was the night that the local Weir Sauce winnahs were invited backstage pre-show and later to the night's after party.
The aftershow invitation was unexpected and we were all delighted to be asked though only about half the folks stayed on.
From what little I recall, a good time was had by all.