Sunday, March 20, 2005

Spring!

Woof!


One thing I finally got around to doing was dragging my old computer all the way up here so I could connect to the internet and send some of my files from in there to in here...I forgot how s-l-o-w the old imac is and it took forever to do this...I tried connecting the computers together because that was supposed to move all the files from old imac into new imac but it didnt work. After spending way too much time trying to send pictures to myself, I gave up and decided I'd rather spend the money and schlep that old thing to the Apple store and have them download everyting to disc for me...The old imac has no cd nor dvd burner and the old iomega is imposible...Well, I did manage to send some pix to myself...Here's a Bobby picture and a picture of a street in Amsterdam. I took it in 2003, in 2002, Scott and I spent hours & hours trying to find our way back to the hotel..we were jet lagged and coffeeshopped out and discovered we were walking in circles for hours- the streets curve and there were canals bordering every street, we never got the hang of it....finally we hailed a cab and found the entire time we were only five minute walk..So our first night in 03, I had the camera and took a pictures of the walk back to our apt...As long as we had the camera we would find our way..never needed to use it, we remembered all on our own...

This picture is our apt in AMS 03 ..
It's a stealth picture of Scott, appropo as it's his birthday next Saturday and (he doesnt read here-so I can tell ya) I am getting him an iPod of his own...
He has a somewhat larger or at least different span of what he likes in addition to Bobby..This includes anything ever played on the old KSAN FM channel during the 70's.


Like Jason, Scott went to SFSU for broadcasting. Spent a few years sampling/scouting music for the SFSU radio station...So now he can create his own songlists and whatever and I wont have to carry his Frank Zappa, his Steely Dan, his ELO,his Springsteen, his Phish or the Who or every cd he gets from his musician customers around with me any more (Am I terrible?)More room for Bobby & the guys on ours (gonna be mine)
I am terrible!
I hope he likes it- I bought it online (they engrave it free when you order from Apple). I'll have to teach him how to import and introduce him to the iTunes store..

Other news, someone has found my dvd list (Hi There!) and a trade has been arranged...yay!
And I've got my folks Acura (it's an extra car neither of them use) very cushy ride with a sateillite navigation system and luscious leather seats...
..............