Monday, March 14, 2005

I don't know what it means..

,,afterall, it's something sports related....but there's some sort of Bob content buried within...

Farina roots for home teams





The person who correctly predicted the score and the winner of Super Bowl XXXIX likes the Cubs and Bears.

Of course, actor Dennis Farina is from Chicago, so he might not be as on the money as he was in forecasting the New England Patriots' 24-21 victory Feb. 6 against the Philadelphia Eagles.

He was the only participant of 100 in the Scripps Howard Celebrity Super Bowl poll last month to be totally accurate. His accomplishment puts him in the pantheon of perfect prognosticators, alongside Arnold Palmer in 2003 and Grateful Dead guitarist Bob Weir in 2004.

"[The Cubs] have a great pitching staff,'' Farina told Scripps Howard News Service. "I'm confident. I'm one of those guys -- I think this is our year.''

As for the Bears?

"I have a lot of faith in Lovie Smith as a coach,'' said Farina, who stars in the television series "Law and Order.'' "And I really like their defense. I'm a big Brian Urlacher fan.''

Farina has another prediction: He won't be singing the seventh- inning stretch at Wrigley Field.

"I'll never do that,'' he said with a laugh. "I'm the only Italian I know who can't sing.''

As if that ever has been a part of the Cubs' criteria.
...
Article on Mrs Carlos Santana