Friday, February 11, 2005

TGIF

I'm still working on my Phoenix show...Seems my "edit" button no longer exists- so, I'm tapping Phoenix out in Appleworks and will c&p it here when I finish it...
Nope, not going to Phil's Mardi Gras extravaganza...Have plenty to do though and saving my runaway hours for all the stuff coming up soon around here!!
In addition to the Barbara Boxer Ball (with Bobby-if he's feeling better @ Slim's) There's Pauly's Sweetwater Bennie (MK & Robin Sylvester David Gans etc) There's DSO at the Sweetwater too-With David Gans...And my less Jammy more mainstream friends might join me for one of those Kenny gigs happening at Harry Denton's Stardust Room...I understand it's 70's and 80's music (?)
On the homefront, all is good- I'm somehow in charge of Noah's 5th grade Valentine Day party...I'm preparing 26 "Make and Take" boxes full of 1 oz containers (Smart & final rox) of assorted sugary crap (mini oreos, choco chips, gummy bears, crushed Heath Bars, Dried fruit, Conversational hearts, marshmellows.Red Hots,etc) including frosting and minispatulas (let's give a cheer for the One Dollar Store!) The idea is that everyone can decorate 3 cookies each(Heart shaped-I'll be baking em) Eat one or two at school-take the one(s) they dont home...I'm also providing juice & fresh fruit (to clear the palate)...All this happens the last 35 minutes of school...
Off to cut cookies
in the shape of a heart...