Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

There is much to be grateful for!

For one thing, there's David Dodd's Annotated Lyric book!. I've had it for a few weeks now and am enjoying actually reading it...I used to go check out lyrics on the lyric website but just to check that I had the line of a song right for a tagline here and there.

Photo by Rudi Roelz
...........
Did you know you can make popcorn on the cob with those decorative Indian corn on the cobs? Someone showed me how several years ago and since it's been one of my science things to do with my preschoolers .
Take off the husk like tops.
Put a cob in a paper bag
Close up the bag
put in microwave,
also put a small container of water in the microwave.
Push the microwave setting for popcorn .
Listen for the pops.
Turn off the microwave when the popping stops.
Give the bag a few seconds to settle down.
Inside the bag there will be lots of loose popcorn but also, there should be popped corn on the cob.
The back or bottom of the kernal (not the fluffy white part) will be pretty much the same color it was before getting popped.
The popcorn won't be as fluffy as commercial brands that are meant for popping but (it could just be me) it seems to have a little more flavor.
........................