11/19/2005 Mizner Park Amphitheatre, Boca Raton, FL
I: Jam > Cassidy > Easy to Slip > Dark Star, All Along the Watchtower, Looks Like Rain > Bury Me Standing > Dark Star Jam > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin
II: Peggy-O@, A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall@4>6, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl > Althea > Ashes and Glass > Jam* > Come Together > Dark Star > Cassidy > One More Saturday Night
E: At a Siding > Terrapin Flyer > Touch of Grey
*-Jay, Jeff, and Kenny, then also Robin, then also Mark
Ratdog tonight on the radio It's last week's Woofster show being broadcast.
This was posted over on the TOOBoard by someone using the screen name- "Expendable"
I know I'm not the only one who should learn how-
Posted:20 Nov 2005 11:01 Post subject: Dummy's Guide to Bit Torrent
Based on the Pat Metheny thread, some folks want to learn how to BT. I'm certainly no authority but I've been doing it for 2-3 years now. If you can click a mouse, you can BT. It really is that simple.
I won't get into the nuts and bolts about packets and seeding and superseeding and all that crap because it is not necessary for n00bs.
1) You will need a "client". This is the software that actually downloads the file. They are free programs, usually no more than 1-2 megabytes in size. I I use http://www.bittorrent.com, although there are dozens out there. Check bt.etree.org for other clients.
The client is a program that "talks to" the file you seek to download. It automatically locates the file and starts downloading / uploading it.
2) Install the client. This is no different than any other software install: you are prompted to select where the program will be stored on your computer. (It really doesn't matter). I have mine stored in my "Program Files".
3) Find your torrent (bt.etree.org, dimeadozen.org, tradersden.org, etc)
4) Click on the torrent link.
5) A window will automatically open, asking you something like "you have selected to open a file called [file name]. do you wish to open this file with Bit Torrent?"
(different clients have different prompts. Don't sweat it. Some automatically start the BT "window".)
6) Sit back and let the goodness roll in.
Kids all excited about the new Harry Potter movie.
Sasha's current most prized possession is her photo album of the time we spent in Oxford, specifically the photos of Christchurch dining hall where the Potter movies are filmed.
Robin DelaT., if you are reading this- a million thabks for the private tour!
We love you.
3 hours ago