Monday, September 20, 2004

love these reviews!!
How many adjectives are there??
Rock on Handsfree!!!

"------------------------------------------------------------------------
Handsfree - 11:10am Sep 20, 2004 PDT (#9212 of 9224)
Like the morning sun you come, and like the wind you go.

Hey now...just got back from Twister town...old news by now but the Dog kick off was some rippin inspired ass kickin out jazz rock improv deep thick spirited and inspired...except for Senor and Mission...Senor was a snoozer, nuthin really redeemed it...Mission Bob remebered about two words to the whole song...but the jams inside of it were really sweet...Jeff was just killin the fucking keys all night...man, that got him up in the mix and he just rocked solid to scorchin...think the Dead did him some good...Kenny was playing off of him really nice...Robin took a nice fat solo in Eyes...Mark was rockin...the dude has a groove that can't be excused...they sounded really fucking good...always love a Stop opener and the Cheesy Answers was real fun, haven't heard one in awhile...I got dick to say...so anyway, next was the Lucky enough...good tune...not a huge fav but the rave up at the end was killer and the "you may find grace"...well, that's adamn nice line...good stuff...Big Boss man was a ton of fun...really think Marks work on this one has improved tremendously...fat blues jams...first time I noticed how much better the already damn good Sally really is...then the Senor, like I said...I'd shelf it, but Bob likes it, so i can roll one and dream my way through it...The Minglewood was a fuckin hit...they nailed the shit outta that one..and I don't care who says it isn't a good tune..the song just kills...raunchy blues with a biblical twist at it's very finest...always acknowledging the home town crowd...fuckin A right...watch me now! Mission, lyrically a wreck, musically a adventure...great jam in the middle...out of Bob's range vocally, plus he can't remember the words...ever. So, that slides back into the Music...which was a great jam...and then Jeff goes off on the Eyes intro...seemed like a surprise tot he rest of the band and they really took the sucka out thar...like I said the Robin Bass solo was schweet, and the whole band cooked...so, not a bad start...Ratdog is hittin a groove...listening deep and really jazzin it up...Jay is a rock solid brother, and he can most def swing...it ain't all four four with the cat, whoever said that

O.K. So set two...Victim/Crime rippin dark wooden, trippy haunting, all ya need from such a song...they built it up real nice for the long jump into the deep unreal...love the tune...used to hate it...my how minds change over time...not to mention the hearts songs...Way to go Bobby and Co.! Bobby can sing the Candyman...they took it down and made it mean, but ya know what lies between...sexy and sweet with the jive talking murder man...real deal...they were in synch...this is a GREAT band...no shit. O.K. MAMU...are you kidding me...fauck yes! Pumpin...got the gallop going on that one...Take me to the River...cool....Brown-Eyed...great...this second set is just jammin hard...I'm a tellin ya...they were into it, we were into it...the music plays the band...they setting us on fire...meaty trippy jam into Truckin...and why the fuck not...how can ya not dig this tune??? I don't know...it's a theme song for most heads, especially the DeaD SET...TOGETHER MORE OR LESS IN LINE...GET BACK TRUCKIN ON! then the jam was all Other One...frantic madness but they pulled it down sweetly into The Wheel...dig the reggae break...the song rolled along just like it should for a Black Peter...and they nailed the sucka! My freinds they come around...Oh yeah...deep dark and beautiful...a damn good Peter! No lie...Then the China Rider solid as all funk and I'm feelin a bit dizzy with the vibes..it twas a treat...Brokedown...I love the song...always will..."listen to the river sing sweet songs, to rock my soul" Don't mind if I do...and who's gonna stop me? Nothing can be said or done to stop me...I'm lovin it..first time I heard it was like I remembered it from some long time ago...inched my way through a million dead dreams and can't say enough...Thanks a fucking heap for one hell of a great time...WALSTIB! Indeed. Peace! "