Friday, October 24, 2003

So happy it's Friday! I've got projects due that I need to get out of the way before the goodies I'm painting and donating to The Rex Foundation's silent auction which will be held at the upcoming event on November 8th at the Fillmore. Last Spring, the Dragon smokers I sent them sold for a pretty penny- I am very proud to help out in this way..This time I'm painting a trio of wooden mushroom shaped bird houses (very cute unpainted, but I can't wait to go nuts on them) and also a mushroom forest house which is a smoker...A smoker is a kind of incense burner that burns the cone shaped incense...The dragon had incense smoke fuming from the nostrils...The mushroom forest house has a little chimney for the smoke.

Wouldnt it be fun to do both the Beacon shows this weekend? I better just finish off my projects- November 8th will be here in no time!