Saturday, May 03, 2008

I still don't understand how to make my blogger behave if I did, I'd have Tahoe Jimbo's 420 blog among my links.
Fans of Albert Hoffman and Mt Girl will want to check out his latest blog-
http://tahoejimbo420s.blogspot.com/


Well, this was interesting.
A podcast
"How to contain my grateful head"

http://www.timothyjordanshow.com/shows/how-to-contain-my-grateful-head/

Warning- Super annoying DJ radio banter thru the first 11 minutes.



Good stuff going on in the Bay Area this coming Wednesday!


In Fairfax at The Iron Springs Pub & Brewery:
Rubber Souldiers

You might remember the last time they played at the Pub and all 3 Rowan Brothers showed up to play.  This particular line up {Chris & Lorin Rowan, David Gans & now Robin Sylvester from Ratdog} is sure to dazzle & delight...



In San Francisco at Yoshi's:
The Big Mix

Original Beat icon Michael McClure, who penned Janis Joplin’s immortal “Mercedes Benz,” and Doors keyboardist Ray Manzarek, the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer who created one of rock’s most memorable instrumental lines (think “Light My Fire”), join forces with saxophonist George Brooks (Summit, Bombay Jazz, Etta James), bassist Rob Wasserman (Lou Reed, Aaron Neville, Rickey Lee Jones), and drummer Jay Lane (Charlie Hunter, Bob Weir) for a evening of sophisticated anti-politics, elegant improvisation, American haiku, and jazz-drenched dharma boogie. (This past summer BIG MIX took the stage in Golden Gate Park for the 40th anniversary of the Summer of Love, thrilling the crowd of 80,000 with their performance of "The God I Worship Is a Lion," which was first performed at the Human Be-In in 1967.)