Saturday, March 10, 2007

Last night's show- a mini review by Robbie @ Deadnet

Robbie - Mar 10, 2007 5:10 am

Top notch show last night. I think they stepped it up quite a bit from the night before, though reading the set lists would have led me to believe otherwise. Interesting that the Stagger Lee was a 3rd distinct tune and set of lyrics telling the same tale - neither the Mississippi John Hut version done the night before nor the GD arrangement. This version was a more up tempo rocker with a feel somewhere between the Dog's version of Schoolgirl and Croce's Leroy Brown. Actually may be my fav of the three renditions of this tale. The Attics Encore was beautifully done in a 6 piece acapella arrangement. Stella Blue and Foolish Heart really nicely done last night too - as was about everything else.

And another quicky review by Julie:
Mar 10, 2007 12:14 pm (

OMG! I don't think anyone will ever be able to play Tennessee Jed better ever!! It was the best version of that song ever played (imho).... WOW! And I got the setlist when I yelled out TENNESSEE JED to Hippie Bill - Attics to close the night was an extra added treat not on the original list - very beautifully done - and Louie just reminded me of one of the greatest sing-along Not Fade Aways in history and they also did 2 nights in a row of acoustic Stagger Lee which they called something else - "Stagolee (Lloyd Price ver)!" very different from the night before's acoustic version of Stagger - I don't think I have ever heard them play the same song two nights in a row - different as they were it might not count!
Also they played an acoustic Corrina which was quite interesting - Bobby's timing is great!

I am still flying high from all the wonderful energy in that room last night - thank you thankyou thankyou to (((((Ratdog))))))

I: Jam > Truckin > Playin in the Band > Ramble On Rose > Big Boss Man, Even So > October Queen > The Deep End > Tennessee Jed, Good Morning Little Schoolgirl > Ashes and Glass
II: El Paso@4, Corrina@, Stagger Lee > Tomorrow Never Knows > Mississippi Half-Step > Stuff*, Stella Blue > Foolish Heart > Not Fade Away
E: Attics of My Life
...