Saturday, November 25, 2006

Shrine on!

Article on Colorado's "Temples in the trees". There is a shrine for Jerry Garcia up in them thar hills.
Interestingly (or not), I found the article after I posted this mornings blog.
....................
How are you enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend?
Scott deep fried the turkey which we brought over to my folks house.
As gross as it may seem to be, the turkey tasted amazing!
Friday, I took BART to Oakland. My friend picked me up at the station and we
headed over to the Oakland Museum.
I don't think I had ever been there before despite having attended Art school in Oakland.
It's a cool little museum. We were there to see this dia de las muertes exhibit. Very cool and crafty . Laughing Bones and weeping hearts ...puts a more joyful spin on so many recent deaths in my family. Makes me want to find a nice corner somewhere -perhaps in the yard to create our own little shrine..I already have a small collection of decorated skulls and the little Mexican skeleton figures.

If you are unfamiliar with Dia de muerteos arts & crafts, one place to get a sample is at my space friend's webpage. She's got typical pix & some links over on Sacred Snatch.
...
Reminds me, I need to redesign my Bobby shrine- which hangs in my sewing closet.
I need to add a shelf or two for all the 3d stuff I have collected in my Ratdog travels.


I have a couple of drawers full of stuff from tours like this:

............
Happy Bertha Jared..We will always love and remember you!!