Friday, November 03, 2006

Here's a great Rubber stamp store for all you grateful crafty types!
I'm talking Robert Crumb rubber stamps!

The Rock & Roll Bug
...............

Weir's RatDog passionate about music

Daily Record/Sunday News
Article Launched:11/02/2006 07:13:29 AM EST
From : http://www.flipsidepa.com/music/ci_4590413

Bob Weir is best known for his days as the rhythm guitarist for The Grateful Dead but... (SUBMITTED)
At bottom: · If you go
Nov 2, 2006 — Band: RatDog
Members: Bob Weir (vocals, guitar), Jay Lane (drums), Jeff Chimenti (keyboards), Mark Karan (guitar, vocals), Kenny Brooks (saxophone), Robin Sylvester (bass)

Who we talked to: Weir, 59

Where'd the name come from?
Stuff just comes to me.

Who are your influences?
The Beatles, of course. I listened to Miles Davis, John Coltrane. Back when I was 17, I was listening to a lot of modern classical music. At the same time, (I listened to) Chuck Berry and a lot of Everly Brothers, blues guys, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, those kind of people.

Who is your biggest musical guilty pleasure?
I used to be a big fan of ABBA. I thought it was real well-conceived, the music was moving, all that kind of stuff.

What instrument that you have no experience with do you wish you could play?
Probably the piano. I just got a piano, so I'm going to try and learn to play it. We've got a piano player, but I just got it for my kids and for me.

What's the best movie you've seen recently?

I just saw "Capote." That was real good.

Who would play you in a movie about The Grateful Dead?
Brad Pitt, obviously.

Jerry (Garcia) had Cherry Garcia. If there was an ice cream made in your honor, what would it have?
It would be cinnamon ice cream.

If you could share the stage with any band or artist, who would it be and why?
I haven't thought about that. I wouldn't want to, actually, because all the bands that I would name are so good at what they do, I'm not sure I'd fit in there.

Who would win in a fight: The Dead or RatDog?
Well, RatDog is a fair bit younger.

There hasn't been a RatDog album in six years. When is the next coming?
We've got a bunch of tunes, but the problem is our audience is square in the middle of the file-sharing demographic, so it's almost pointless for us to put out a record. We have new material that will be played on the next tour.

What do you guys need to work on as a band?
I think we need to do a slightly shorter show.
It goes up to three-and-a-half hours, and I think that's too long for the human spirit to endure.

- JASON COX, FLIPSIDE STAFF

If you go

RatDog will perform at the Strand-Capitol Performing Arts Center at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday. Tickets are $35-$50 and can be purchased by calling the box office at 846-1111 or visiting http://www.strandcapitol.org.

Listen to the full interview with frontman Bob Weir by subscribing to the FlipSide podcast at
http://www.flipsidepa.com/goingout.



GDTS:


Rex Foundation Benefit at the Warfield, December 1.

Since none of us out here in California have seen the
Rhythm Devils play we would like to let you know that we have
received a lot of great reports from patrons who attended Rhythm
Devils shows across the nation.

Balcony tickets are still available.
Small amounts of 'Rhythm', 'Harmony' and 'Peace' tickets are
also still available.

We would strongly recommend that we send your
credentials for the Floor tickets by Fedex. We will not be
responsible for items lost in the mail. Please email
frankie@gdtstoo to confirm.

For show information please go to www.gdtstoo.com
=========
The RatDog Florida shows:
We will hopefully be able to mail out the last 2 Florida shows:
Jannus Landing and Mizner by this coming Monday.
Let us know if you'd prefer to have your tickets at will/call.

Tickets for Jacksonville and Orlando have been mailed
a few days go.

The Crew of GDTSTOO
11.3.2006

--

"The need for mystery is greater than the need for an answer."

Ken Kesey

5 years gone on November 10
the day of the Lowell RatDog show....