Saturday, September 09, 2006

Bobby sit in with Jelly 9/08/06, Larkspur

Goes to show, you don't ever know


Now, I know I had placed myself under restriction from running off to venues where rumoured Bobby appearances
are supposed to take place...but after a long week setting up my classroom and going to meetings about administrivia, programming, security and curriculum, I was happy just to hear live music. So, this once, after hearing a rumour from a most reliable source, I got in touch with the Kemmiestar. Before I knew it, we were roaring across the Golden Gate Bridge on our way to Larkspur (fantastic little town). A turn here, a turn there and voila the Larkspur cafe theater (or is it the theater cafe?).
We paid the ticket and stumbled into the theater and there he was Senor Bobby on stage with a Marin band called "Jelly", finishing up Chinacat Sunflower!!
Larkspur theater is really tiny. A spirited audience was already bopping along (some dancing on chairs!) to the beginning of a rousing I Know You Rider. We saw Mazzy and stood by him- he had his big camera and so there will photos. After that Bobby stuck around for a rockin Deal. Then faster than you can say "Woof" he was out of there. It was only a few songs but it made us soooo happy to hear & see him play. Those guys in Jelly were sounding pretty good too. You can listen to them clicky here
What a treat!
I'll be smiling all weekend after that.
CLICK HERE FOR PIX