Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Woofin Wednesday!

Hurrah for the East side of the country yet again!
truckin
........................
Born to be bad...
And it's been a busy time- not getting back into blog as much lately...
Saturday we went to Shoreline for Greg Kihn, George Thorogood and Steve Miller...No artist there I'd have been very into seeing.. I mean I do like some Steve Miller- but it's not a choice, Steve Miller was forced on me during a certain summer in the 70's (travelled thru Europe with a driver who only only a handful of 8 tracks-one containing SM hits) and so I have to say I did look forward to hearing the hits live one more time...I am apparently the only mortal in the entire universe who doesnt care for George Thorogood's music. Sorry...Too loud, too roadhouse, too driving...I left to get earplugs during his set and also got a latte and when I heard George start to go into JLH's song -instead of heading back in, I just sipped my latte by the photo of Jerry Garcia and remembered the GD Shows I had seen @ Shoreline. During some of the 80's & 90's we were given special seating and once in a while passes from a friend who worked for BGP. While standing next to the picture, several people said "Hi Jerry" to the picture..A few pointed him out to friends "There's Jerry!" Some folks touched the picture.. One fellow stopped leaned over and kissed Jerry on the forehead.
I returned to my seat...An announcer teased us with news of a special guest sitting in on guitar! I doubted and also hoped maybe it could be Bobby? But, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, no Bobby..instead it was Joe Satriani...another musician everyone but me likes...(not a fan of whiny or screetchy guitars) Then to really be sure and piss me off Steve invited George back out on stage. There were Steve Miller hits being noisily played but I wasnt enjoying them and felt ashamed for having such an awesome seat and just not able to get into it at all...
.................
What else???
Got a new doggy over here!
Actually, he's more like an old friend.
He's Buster the beagle and he is very cute! We doggysat him a few years back and all enjoyed him so much! Lilah, our girly dog hasnt been so sure what to think of him but yesterday in the middle of a freak thunderstorm, the two dogs bonded -running out in the rain and howling at the thunder together.